MapTiler Plus in 0.5.4 release + Cutline editor, GeoPDF, ..
Published on Jul 24, 2014
MapTiler is a tool for straightforward publishing of raster maps and geodata for the web applications, mobile phones and tablets with possibility for hosting on any website or cloud.
Today we are releasing a new MapTiler upgrade, the 0.5.4, with several new cool features available to all our customers, but there is more…
MapTiler has a new family member! Next to Free, Start and Pro there is also MapTiler Plus version, which is more affordable then Pro and it brings capabilities our users requested most. This includes:
- Raster map processing with up to a gigapixel resolution (so cca. 33.000 x 33.000 pixels)!
- Retina / HighDPI mercator tiles ([details](/blog/2014/03/hidpi-retina-map-tiles-for-leaflet))
- and of course all features already available in MapTiler Start
It is now easier to compare the features of individual versions of MapTiler and choose the right one for you.
All versions of MapTiler, once upgraded to 0.5.4, receives new functions, which includes:
- GeoPDF + PDF files can be rendered into map tiles
- Automatic cutline loading for GeoPDFs
- Cutline editable in visual georeferencer
- Settings dialog (web proxy, temp folder,..) and a license dialog
- Auto-update for Pro customers
- New easy-to-use version of TileServer-PHP (http://git.io/pzusLQ)
- OGC WMTS (ArcGIS compatible) from Amazon S3 or a custom server out of the box (via http://wmts.maptiler.com/)
- 3D visualization on virtual globes with WebGL (http://examples.webglearth.org/)
- Opening ArcGIS Web Mercator georeferenced raster files (WKT)
- Improved MBTiles file output for dateline crossing maps
- MBTiles offline viewer improved
- Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Bug fixes and upgrade of the GDAL library and GUI
It is time to upgrade and try the rendering of GeoPDF with the new MapTiler. ;-)
There are thousands of free topo GeoPDF maps available for whole USA: See USGS Map Locator & Downloader