Map tiling software
Turn your raster images and vector geographical data into interactive maps with desktop map tiling software.
MapTiler Desktop is now MapTiler Engine.free download screenshots
Features of MapTiler Engine
Powerful and intuitive
Follow an easy step-by-step guide for map tiling in a few clicks.
Freedom of map hosting
Host maps on a cloud, from your server, or even behind a firewall.
Modify input data
Clip, color correct, or merge multiple images together.
Use on any device
Display maps on the web or in GIS-based applications.
Explore the graphical user interface of MapTiler Engine
Map tiling can’t be easier!
Drag & drop your image or geodata
Drag & drop downloaded geodata, aerial imagery, or maps made with GIS, AutoCAD, or Photoshop.
Supported raster formats: GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, JPEG, PNG, JPEG2000.
Supported vector formats: ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GeoPackage, KML, and much more.
Overlay an image over the map
Simple vector tiles generating
If your image is already geolocated, coordinates load automatically. If not, or if you want to change the position, select Assign location visually or your preferred method.
In visual georeferencer, you need to select at least three points from both your image and a background map. This is how the software finds out how to overlay the image to the map of the world.
Position of the map - Georeferencing
Georeferencer - complete functionality list
Select the output format
MapTiler Engine supports a variety of output formats. For publishing on your web, select the Folder option. MBTiles is suitable for Cloud hosting and use on mobile devices. GeoPackage delivers one file for exchange between different GIS software.
Folder, MBTiles, or GeoPackage options
Set the coordinate system
The default Mercator coordinate system can be changed to global WGS84 or one of many national coordinate systems.
The graphical user interface lets you visually select from coordinate systems and change other settings.
Coordinate system search
Set coordinate systems
Use the final map
Once the software finishes the rendering, you can either view the final map in the internal viewer or use your browser if you choose the Folder option for rendering.
Map hosting on MapTiler Cloud
MBTiles offline viewer
Examples of tiled maps
Cassini Terrestrial Globe
Grand Canyon USGS
World Blue marble NASA
Nautical Chart NOAA
Vector tiles: NY subway
Do you want to try MapTiler Engine with your data?
How map tiling works
Scan or import a map
Process on computer
Publish to the web or mobile device
Assign location visually
Your geolocation data is automatically loaded if your input map already has it embedded. Otherwise, images, scanned maps, or maps created by designers can be positioned with a set of coordinates or even visually. It is quick and precise.
Hosting tiled maps anywhere
Use included cloud uploader for MapTiler Cloud, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, or just drag and drop the folder generated by MapTiler Engine to any standard web hosting.Read documentation
Command line automation
Create automated workflows with the full power of MapTiler Engine through the command line interface usable as an API.Read more
Tiled maps output formats
One package file Cloud hosting MapTiler Server
Mobile devices MapTiler Server
How to use the tiled map?
- Windows 7+
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS 10.12+
- Linux 64bit Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora
Raster to raster
- TIFF/GeoTIFF, MrSID, ECW, JPEG2000/GeoJP2, Erdas HFA, NOAA BSB/KAP, NOAA GFS, HRRR, ECMWF, Ozi Explorer OZF2/OZFx3, JPEG, GIF, PNG, GRIB2, NetCDF
- TIFF with RGB color model, partly supported CMYK
- 8bit or 16bit integer per band, 1, 3 or 4 bands
Vector to vector
- ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GeoPackage, KML, GPX
Vector to raster
- OGC GeoPackage
- OGC KML
- WMTS, TMS
- MBTiles, GeoPackage
- Complete EPSG database + custom defined SRS via Proj4. Over 6000 systems world-wide.
- Google Earth
- ArcGIS for Desktop
- QGIS (Quantum GIS)
- any viewer supporting OGC WMTS
- Google Maps SDK for iOS
- Google Maps SDK for Android
- MapLibre iOS SDK
- MapLibre Android SDK
- Apple MapKit
- any viewer supporting OGC WMTS or TileJSON
- Garmin Custom Maps KMZ
- MapTiler Mobile
- MotionX GPS
- MapTiler Server
- direct upload to any webhosting
- PHP hosting with TileServer-PHP
- MapTiler Cloud (with direct upload)
- Amazon S3 (with direct upload)
- Google Cloud Storage (with direct upload)
- Microsoft Azure (with direct upload)
- Mapbox hosting
- Rackspace Cloud Files
- clipping with a cutline (pixel coordinates)
- clipping with a shape (SHP)
- merge multiple input files to produce a seamless map (MapTiler Engine Pro only)
- different maps on different zoom levels (MapTiler Engine Pro only)
- color corrections (MapTiler Engine Pro only)
Read latest news about MapTiler Engine
Martin Mikita / Oct 24, 2022
MapTiler Desktop becomes MapTiler Engine
Martin Mikita / Jan 11, 2022
MapTiler Desktop 11.3 brings custom basemaps
Martin Mikita / Aug 16, 2021
MapTiler Desktop 11.2 with estimated rendering time
Download MapTiler Engine
Get your own copy of MapTiler Engine and start turning tiling your data into maps for free!