Features of MapTiler Desktop
Powerful and intuitive
Follow an easy step-by-step guide and get a perfect map in a few clicks.
Freedom of map hosting
Host maps on cloud, from your server, or even behind a firewall.
Modify input data
Clip, color correct, or merge multiple images together.
Use on any device
Display maps on the web or in GIS based applications.
Explore the graphical user interface of MapTiler
Preparing your own maps can’t be easier!
Drag and drop your image
Drag & drop downloaded geodata, acquired aerial imagery or maps made with GIS, AutoCAD or Photoshop.
Supported raster formats: GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, JPEG, PNG, JPEG2000
Supported vector formats: ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GeoPackage, KML and much more
Set the coordinate system
In most of the cases, just click on the Set button to get the expected result.
The preselected coordinate system is WGS84, however, MapTiler supports a variety of coordinate systems, including many national coordinate systems, which are browseable through the search field.
If your image was already geolocated, it will be loaded automatically. If not or you want to change the position, select Assign location visually.
In visual georeferencer, you need to select at least three points from both your image and a background map. This is how the software finds out how to overlay the image to the map of the world.
Select the output format
MapTiler Desktop supports a variety of output formats. For publishing on your web, select the Folder option. MBTiles is suitable for the use in mobile devices. The GeoPackage delivers one file for an exchange between different GIS software.
Cloud hosting pushes your files directly into either Amazon S3 or Google Cloud storage. The Mobile device option instantly uploads the map to your mobile device.
Use the final map
Once the rendering is finished, you can view the final map in the internal viewer or using your browser if you choose the Folder option for rendering.
Examples of generated maps
Cassini Terrestrial Globe
Grand Canyon USGS
World Blue mble NASA
Nautical Chart NOAA
Vector tiles: NY subway
Do you want to try MapTiler with your data?free download
Assign location visually
Your geolocation data is automatically loaded if your input map already has it embedded. Otherwise, images, scanned maps or maps created by designers can be positioned with a set of coordinates or even visually. It is quick and precise.
Hosting maps anywhere
Use included cloud uploader for Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage or just drag and drop the folder generated by MapTiler to any standard web hosting. You can use the existing company web server, or free hosting, such as Google Drive or DropBox.Video tutorials
Map output format
Web apps Standard hosting
One package file Cloud hosting
Mobile devices TileServer
Amazon S3 Google cloud storage
Offline preview on iOS and Android
How to use the processed map?
Create automated workflows with the full power of MapTiler Desktop through the command line interface usable as API.read more
- Windows 7+
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS 10.12+
- Linux 64bit Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora
Raster to raster
- TIFF/GeoTIFF, MrSID, ECW, JPEG2000/GeoJP2, Erdas HFA, NOAA BSB/KAP, Ozi Explorer OZF2/OZFx3, JPEG, GIF, PNG
- TIFF with RGB color model, partly supported CMYK
- 8bit or 16bit integer per band, 1, 3 or 4 bands
Vector to vector
- ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GeoPackage, KML, GPX
Vector to raster
- WMTS, TMS
- MBTiles, GeoPackage
- Complete EPSG database + custom defined SRS via Proj4. Over 6000 systems world-wide.
- OGC GeoPackage
- OGC KML
- Google Earth
- ArcGIS for Desktop
- QGIS (Quantum GIS)
- any viewer supporting OGC WMTS
- Google Maps SDK for iOS
- Google Maps SDK for Android
- MapBox iOS SDK
- MapBox Android SDK
- Apple MapKit
- any viewer supporting OGC WMTS or TileJSON
- Garmin Custom Maps KMZ
- MapTiler Mobile
- MotionX GPS
- direct upload to any webhosting
- PHP hosting with TileServer-PHP
- Amazon S3 (with direct upload)
- Google Cloud Storage (with direct upload)
- MapTiler Cloud
- MapBox.com Hosting
- Rackspace Cloud Files
- Microsoft Azure
- clipping with a cutline (pixel coordinates)
- clipping with a shape (SHP)
- merge multiple input files to produce a seamless map (MapTiler Desktop Pro only)
- different maps on different zoom levels (MapTiler Desktop Pro only)
- color corrections (MapTiler Desktop Pro only)